Tuesday 22 January 2013

Naming a baby

Some parents have names for their children even before they are conceived. Others name there child as soon as they find out the sex.  We did not have a clue what we were going to call our son until we first met him and it's true a name can just come to you there and then.

We found out our baby was a boy at our only scan - the 20 week scan. If it had been a girl we both liked the name sienna-grace. I felt abit pressurised to name him because my sister in law was about a month further along in her pregnancy and they had named there son at there 20 week scan. Every time we visited my partners family all I ever heard was 'have we named this baby yet' up to the point where one day I said I don't agree with naming a child before its born I will not name my child until the birth.

Naming a boy is so difficult. I was constantly online looking for ideas and I read 3 different baby names books.
My shortlist of names was : Luka,  noah, kai, finley,  Dylan
My partner wasn't much for any of them. With him being quarter Italian he liked the idea of an Italian name his suggestions were : Rocco or Paolo
My partner kind of liked the name Luka so I thought that would be the name.
When our son was born i  had mentioned the name lewis before a few days ago I said to.my.partner.after I'd come round from the c section what we naming him then? He said either Luka or lewis and he thought lewis. I agreed the name suited our son so he became lewis

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment